Capital Gains Tax is the difference in the price you paid for a capital asset, such as real estate or shares, and the price you sell it for, either resulting in a gain or a loss.
We can assist you in determining the effects of CGT and transfer duty on your business, investment and retirement plans. Our extensive taxation consulting and planning services will help you reduce your exposure to the many unforeseen drawbacks that CGT can present, and the additional costs of Transfer Duty.
We aim to make sure that our clients are up to date with the very latest CGT developments affecting both their business and personal financial affairs. We provide professional services in all areas including:
Appropriate entity structure to hold assets
- Structuring business to separate the risk from the individual eg. Discretionary trust, company.
- Maintain control over assets
- Utilising holding and operating companies to protect assets
Business rollover provisions
- The small business rollover allows you to defer all or part of a capital gain made from a CGT event happening to an active asset.
- You can choose to apply the rollover to as much of the Capital Gain as you decide if you satisfy the basic requirements.
Effective tax planning strategies for businesses and individuals
- Optimise business structure
- Analysis of your financial situation or plan from a taxation perspective.
- Reduce tax liability
- Maximise retirement plan